Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Will Be Still And Know You Are God

     Sometimes you just have to stand still, feel the breeze against your face, and listen to God's voice. Sometimes His voice is soft, but other times it is more audible. He's our comforter, our healer, our friend, and our Father. He will never leave us and He will always guide us. His love is unconditional and everlasting. His arms wrap around us and hold us close. His word guides and instructs us. He protects us from the enemy. He wants good for his children. We must be still and listen to His voice. He's there and He longs for us to talk with him. He wants us to know HIs voice.
For me, this summer has been a lot of standing still and listening. I've asked God to show me the next step to take many times. When sharing with people about Christ, I've even asked him before each sentence to give me the words to say. He hasn't failed me. He's actually done far more than I've asked him to do. I'll admit, at times when I've stood still, I have felt helpless. My faith hasn't been completely strong every moment of every day. Trials have come and there have been tough days. God has continue to prove himself faithful every time. He speaks to me and he encourages me. Through my weakness, He proves His strength.
     Colossians 2:6-7 says, "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving." We are to walk in Christ because he has transformed us. He created us for that reason. As we walk, we should thank him for what he is doing in and through us.
     This trip has consisted of a lot of learning. I've learned how to do many things such as learning how to cook(which was something completely new) to learning different ways of teaching. Most importantly, I've been learning a lot about who God is and who He created me to be. In Matthew 11:29, Jesus says to "learn from me." He has continue to show me new things that I never knew before. I'm learning to grow. I'm so thankful for this time in my life.
     There are so many things going through my mind as I write my last blog from the Philippines. I'm incredibly excited about seeing my family and friends back home. I'm ready to share stories with other summer missionaries. I'll even admit that I'm ready to eat some good American food(preferably Waffle House) and I'm ready to be able to communicate easily without such a language barrier. As I leave though, I know I'm leaving some sweet people here that I've spent my past two summers getting to know. I won't be eating with 14 children everyday or hearing them sing or laugh outside my window. I'll miss the people's hospitality. That's the hard part. Even though it's time to go home, I know that God has used this time to open my eyes and to grow me. He has allowed the people here to be a blessing in my life and I pray that I have been a blessing to them.
     Pray for my last few days at the orphanage. Pray that they will be filled with sweet moments. Pray for us as we travel back to America on the 29th and then back to our homes on the 1st. Thank you for lifting me up in your prayers this summer and for all of your encouragement. I will be in the same time zone as most of y'all in a week!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment